Google has introduced Pixel Fold foldable smartphone, at the Google I/O. It has a 7.6-inch foldable screen and a small 5.8-inch outer screen both OLED panels with 120Hz refresh rate, powered by Google Tensor G2 chip.
Pixel Fold has a stainless steel hinge that is sturdy and can withstand wear and tear like scratches, all while keeping its shine. It has an IPX8 rating for water resistance. When closed, you can use the Taskbar to easily switch between apps or drag a compatible app into a split-screen mode to multitask with two apps side-by-side. You can also go hands-free with tabletop mode which is useful for apps like YouTube.
The top half plays your video and, with an upcoming app update, it will also get playback controls on the bottom half. It has a 48MP main camera with OIS, and it can be used as a selfie camera since there is a screen on the front,10.8MP ultra-wide camera, and a 10.8 MP telephoto camera with 5x optical zoom. Packed by a 4821mAh battery with 30W wired charging, wireless charging
- 7.6-inch (1840 x 2208 pixels) 6:5 aspect ratio OLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 380 PPI, up to 1450 nits peak brightness, Ultra Thin Glass with a protective plastic layer
- 5.8-inch (1080 x 2092 pixels) 17.4:9 aspect ratio FHD+ OLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 408 PPI, up to 1550 nits peak brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Google Tensor G2 processor with Titan M2 security chip
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 13
- Dual SIM (Single Nano SIM and eSIM)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2″ sensor f/1.7 aperture, OIS, CLAF, 10.8MP 121.1° Ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 10.8MP telephoto camera with f/3.05 aperture, 5x optical zoom, 20x Super Res zoom, LDAF sensor, 4K video recording
- 9.5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front camera for inner display with ƒ/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers
- Water-resistant (IPX8)
- 5G SA/NA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS, USB Type C 3.2 gen 2, NFC
- 4821mAh battery with over 24 hours of battery life, up to 72 hours with extreme battery saver, 30W wired charging, wireless charging
Google Pixel Fold comes in Porcelain and Obsidian colors, priced at $1799 for the 256GB model and $1919 for 512GB model. It is available to order in the US and will roll out soon. There is a free Pixel Watch for pre-orders. It will also be available in Germany, Japan and the United Kingdom soon.