Microsoft has just released Windows 10 Mobiel Build 10149. The latest build introduces some major user interface improvements, including a new look to the Edge browser. As you’ve already expected, the build includes some bugs. Microsoft has cared to share the known issues on Build 10149 alongside the announcement – so here are the known issues on the build and Things which were fixed from last Build
Here are some things we fixed
- We have fixed the issue first reported with Build 10051 where Call + SMS filtering would not work after upgrade.
- We have fixed an issue where text notifications weren’t appearing for incoming messages.
- We have fixed an issue where the Podcast app wouldn’t work.
- We have fixed some issues where apps were having trouble installing or updating via the Store Beta.
- We have fixed an issue where the navigation bar couldn’t be hidden
Here are some known issue
- There is an issue where the Install button doesn’t respond after Build 10149 is downloaded. Make sure the battery is charged >40% and press it again.
- Some people may encounter an 80091007 error trying to upgrade to this build from Build 10136. If you hit this error, sit tight – we’re working on a fix. Or if you want the new build right away, you can use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to go back to Windows Phone 8.1 and then upgrade to Build 10149.
- The Insider Hub is removed in this build. Don’t worry, it will be back in future Insider Preview builds.
- Sometimes the PIN keypad won’t be shown after swiping up to unlock. The workaround is to swipe down to get to Action Center and try to open a notification or Settings to invoke the PIN keypad to unlock your phone.
- There is a very rare situation where you are unable to unlock your phone after entering your PIN and it keeps letting you type even though you entered your pin correctly. If you hit this – leave the phone alone 1-2 hours before trying to unlock again. This is caused by a TPM issue that could get worse and require you to reflash if you get into this state and power off the phone.
- If a Gmail account is set up on the phone, the Messaging app may have issues and both incoming and outgoing messages may not work. If this issue is hit, simply reboot your phone to get it working again. We are aware that the Messaging app may behave badly in this state.
- There is a known issue where apps or games are installed as trial versions even though you have previously purchased them. In-app purchases on Windows 10 Mobile are not functional yet as we migrate the function to the new Windows Store.
- In certain cases, the colors in some apps may appear off. For example – the titlebar in the Outlook Mail app is orange.
- There might be some cases where notifications in Action Center appear blank.