Vivo has launched Vivo X Fold foldable phone in China. It has a large 8-inch 2K+ foldable screen with 120Hz LTPO Samsung E5 AMOLED panel, UTG glass and there is a 6.53-inch FHD+ 21:9 E5 AMOLED screen with 120Hz refresh rate. It has an ultrasonic fingerprint scanner both for the inside and outside the screen, powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 with up to 12GB of RAM.
Vivo has decided to build it on the basis of the waterdrop-shaped solution that has become more and more popular recently. There is an integrated floating mid-plate of the same material as the zirconium alloy that acts as a “skeleton”. This mimics the bird’s wing. When the phone is opened, the middle plate will rise to “lift up” the crease in the middle of the inner screen, making the surface smoother, says the company. And when the device is closed, the lowered middle plate also provides enough space for the bent part of the panel, making the phone more durable (TÜV-certified 300,000 lifespans). At the same time, vivo has also used UTG and controlled the bending radius of the inner screen to 2.3mm. This is better than the 3mm which is a standard in other phones, said the company.
- 8.03-inch (2160 x 1916 pixels) 2K+ E5 AMOLED LTPO display with 1-120Hz refresh rate, 140Hz touch sampling rate in game mode, SCHOTT’s flexible ultra-thin glass (UTG)
- 6.53-inch (2520 × 1080 pixels) FHD+ E5 AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate in game mode, SCHOTT’s Xensation α (Alpha) glass
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 730 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- OriginOS Ocean based on Android 12
- Dual SIM
- 50MP camera with Samsung GN1 sensor, f/1.57 aperture, LED flash, OIS, Zeiss T* coating, V1 chip, 48MP 114° ultra-wide camera with Sony IMX598 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 12MP portrait camera with IMX663 sensor, f/1.98 aperture, 8MP periscope camera with f/3.4 aperture, OIS, 5x optical zoom, 60x super zoom, Laser autofocus
- 16MP front camera with f/2.45 aperture on the inside and outside
- In-display ultrasonic fingerprint sensor on the inside and outside, barometer
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers, CS43131 Hi-Fi chip
- Dimensions: 162.01×74.47×14.57~14.91mm(folded) / 144.87×6.28~7.40mm(unfolded); Weight: 311g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 Dual band), NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4600mAh battery with 66W fast charging, 50W wireless charging, 10W reverse wireless charging
Vivo X Fold comes in Mountain Blue and Ash colors, is priced at 8,999 yuan for the 12GB + 256GB model and 9999 Yuan for 12GB + 512GB model.