OnePlus has launched the OnePlus Open foldable phone in India. It has a 7.82″ foldable 2K OLED screen with 1-120Hz LTPO panel, up to 2,800 nits peak brightness, Ultra-Thin Glass (UTG), and the external 6.3-inch FHD+ OLED external screen supports 10-120Hz (LTPO) refresh rate, and uses ceramic guard. Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC, has 16GB of LPDDR5X RAM and 512GB UFS 4.0 storage.
The phone uses cobalt molybdenum alloy and titanium alloy, making it lighter and more durable than the 316L surgical-grade stainless steel used in current foldable phones. The hinge’s spine plate is made of zirconium-based amorphous alloy twice as strong as surgical-grade stainless steel and offers good wear and scratch resistance. To achieve a slim and lightweight foldable phone, the company has used Flexion hinge, featuring a “water-drop” shape that reduces the number of hinge components from around 100 to just 69. When unfolded, the thickness of the body is just 5.8mm, and when folded the thickness is 11.7mm. The glass version weighs 245g and the leather version weighs 239g. It also has an alert slider.
It uses Sony’s all-new LYTIA “Pixel Stacked” 48MP sensor for the first time on a foldable smartphone. OnePlus claims quality on par with the 1-inch Sony IMX989. There is a 48MP OV64B 3X telephoto sensor with 6x in-sensor zoom and up to 120x digital zoom. It also has a 48MP Ultra-Wide Camera, all with 4K 60 fps video recording. There are 32MP outer and 20MP inner front cameras, both with 4K 30 fps video recording. The phone runs OxygenOS 13.2, and OnePlus Open will receive four years of major Android version upgrades and five years of security upgrades. It comes with IPX4 ratings for splash resistance. Packed by a 4805mAh battery with 67W fast charging that can be charged up to 100% in 42 minutes. The phone doesn’t have wireless charging capabilities.
- 7.82″ (2440×2268 pixels) 2K AMOLED 1-120 Hz LTPO display with up to 2800 nits peak brightness, 1440 Hz PWM dimming, Ultra Thin Glass protection
- 6.31″ (2484×1116 pixels) FHD+ AMOLED 10-120 Hz LTPO display with up to 2800 nits peak brightness, 1440 Hz PWM dimming, Ceramic Guard protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 740 GPU
- 16GB LPDDR5X RAM, 512GB UFS 4.0 storage
- Android 13 with OxygenOS 13.2
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP (primary wide-angle) f/1.7 aperture, OIS, Sony LYT-T808, 48MP 114° ultra-wide with f/2.2 aperture, 3.5cm macro, Sony IMX581, 64MP telephoto camera with f/2.6 aperture, 3x optical, 6x in-sensor zoom, up to 120x digital zoom, OmniVision OV32C, Hasselblad camera features, up to 4K 60 fps video, Dolby Vision at 4K 30 fps
- 32MP 88.5° f/2.4 (Cover screen) / 20MP 91° f/2.2 (Main screen) front camera, up to 4K 30 fps video
- USB Type-C audio, Three stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted fingerprints scanner
- Splash proof (IPX4)
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5.1GHz + 5.8GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band), GLONASS, Galileo (E1+E5a Dual Band), Beidou, A-GPS, QZSS
- 4085mAh battery with 67W SuperVOOC fast charging
OnePlus Open comes in Emerald Dusk with a glass back and Voyager Black with a vegan leather back, priced at Rs. 1,39,999 for the single 16GB + 512GB model. It is now available to pre-order from Amazon.in, OnePlus.in, the OnePlus Store App, OnePlus Experience Stores, Reliance Digital, and Select Partner Stores, and will go on sale starting from October 27th.
Pre-order offers As part of the early access, users can avail of benefits of up to INR 13,000. Users can exchange their current phones and get an exciting additional bonus of INR 8,000 on select devices. Users can also avail an instant bank discount of INR 5,000 on purchases via ICICI Bank Credit and Debit cards, and OneCard.
Additional Pre-order offers for JioPlus Users: Benefits worth up to INR 15,000 on INR 699 Postpaid Plan in which OnePlus 11 user can enjoy 100 GB per month with OTT benefits on Netflix, Amazon Prime and Jio TV, and an additional 3 SIM for friends/family. The offer will be available to all existing and new Jio users.